Hey everyone, I'm going to be presenting later today in class on viral media. There are two studies I'm going to be talking about on a basic level, that I found to be incredibly interesting and are worth reading through fully.
The first study is titled, "What’s in a name? Understanding the Interplay between
Titles, Content, and Communities in Social Media." It provides a theory to explain why posts go viral on Reddit. It specifically discusses why content, when posted multiple times, gets more views on certain iterations than others. This study focuses on the way viral media is posted more than its content.
http://i.stanford.edu/~julian/pdfs/icwsm13.pdf
The second study is titled "What Makes Online Content Viral?" It is a more general study about content going viral, but focuses on the most emailed links from the front page of the New York Times' website. This study focuses on the content of viral media more than how it gets online.
http://jonahberger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ViralityB.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.